ZEN 2.0.24 will be available for download soon. This version of Horizen software will be shorter and it will be set to deprecate in early December 2021.
As release of Zendoo to Mainnet is approching, Horizen would like to make their users aware that a public testnet will be available soon. This network is for anyone in the world (partners, community members, mining pools) who would like to test our protocol upgrades and new features added. More information about this will be provided by the Horizen team soon.
WHAT ARE THE UPDATES IN ZEN 2.0.24?
- Update OpenSSL to 1.1.0l
- Update RPC command help messages #379
- Set shorter deprecation period (next deprecation early December)
Following Needs To Be Consider
- Exchanges and Partners: you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest version.
- Pool operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be able to mine ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 2.0.24.
- Node operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be eligible to earn ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 2.0.24.
- Full node wallet users (Swing wallet, Sphere by Horizen): you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest wallet version.
Horizen is an interoperable blockchain system, supported by a decentralized node infrastructure. Its sidechain platform focuses on scalable data privacy, and as such enables businesses as well as developers to build private or public blockchains using the unique sidechain technology known as Zendoo.
Horizen’s sidechain and scaling solution, Zendoo, is the first completely decentralized and fully customizable sidechain protocol on the market. Horizen’s Sidechain SDK provides all necessary components for the easy and fast deployment of a fully customizable blockchain.