RMRK and Darwinia will also jointly explore use cases in NFT cross-chain interoperability for the Web3.0 Metaverse. Darwinia Substrate-to-Substrate bridge and NFT bridge will help expand RMRK NFT utilities across the Dotsama and Ethereum ecosystem. Kanaria and Evolution Land will collaborate to showcase the reuse of NFTs across different Metaverse worlds.
Any project integrating RMRK in any way — be it analytics, bridging, equipping mechanics and UI, or anything else — will be evaluated by the RMRK team at the end of the hackathon. The top 3 teams to build something impressive will get one of 10 legendary NFTs. Note that this is per team, so you will have to decide who gets it, or share it on a multi-sig account.
To pass evaluation the project must interact with the RMRK protocol in a read or write way, the project should connect to the Kusama-hosted RMRK protocol, not the protocol on any other chain, and if it is compatible with RMRK on another chain it should also be easily switchable to support the Kusama deployment, and the project should be open source with a permissive license (MIT).
Tips and tricks:
- Do not integrate buying/selling. Due to the way the protocol is designed right now, you might be vulnerable to double-buys without proper safeguards in place, and these safeguards are outside the scope of this hackathon. This problem will be resolved as RMRK moves into contracts and pallets.
- Build on RMRK2 instead of RMRK1 — see the tools and spec for details.
- Share your prototype with the team in http://t.me/rmrkimpl as you’re building it for feedback and direction.
About RMRK and Kanaria
RMRK is the world’s most advanced NFT standard, offering unparalleled customizability and evolvability of NFTs. With their official marketplace at singular.rmrk.app and the pilot project of RMRK2.0 technology at Kaneria. rmrk.app, RMRK has positioned itself as the key player in dotsama’s ecosystem — and wider.
Kanaria is RMRK’s flagship project demonstrating RMRK 2.0 composability. With its own item economy, fully functional multi-resource NFTs, and incredible versatility and utility, Kanaria is the most advanced NFT collection out there right now, and welcomes your hacky contributions!
About Darwinia Crab Network
Crab is the canary network of Darwinia and implemented with DVM(Darwinia Virtual Machine), which is EVM(Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible, providing developers with the ability to rapidly port dapps from Ethereum and EVM-compatible chains to the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Ease of multi-chain integration:
- DVM(Darwinia Virtual Machine) is EVM(Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible, which provides developers with the ability to rapidly port dapps from Ethereum and EVM-compatible chains to the Polkadot ecosystem.
2. An EVM+ platform, Crab is also providing:
- Substrate-to-Substrate bridge
- Ethereum cross-chain bridge
About Darwinia Network
Darwinia Network is a decentralized cross-chain bridge network building on Substrate, which is the “cross-chain bridge hub” of the Web 3.0 Metaverse. It provides a safe and general bridging solution, connects to Polkadot, Ethereum, TRON, and other heterogeneous chains by cross-chain transfer of assets and remote chain calls.