Ways To Earn With Brubeck Mainnet has been specified. Brubeck mainnet turns Streamr into a fully decentralized network, run by and for its users and opens up the possibility for everyone to easily run a node and stake DATA tokens.
Here are some of the quick ways you can benefit from the Brubeck era!
1. Run a node and stake DATA tokens on the Streamr Network
Unlike web2 data networks, which rely on physically centralized servers, the Streamr Network is run by individual nodes, who provide bandwidth to power the network in exchange for DATA. An app subscribes to the network to handle its data messaging, and the individual nodes in the network receive rewards for their bandwidth contribution and tokens staked.
Almost any device with a stable internet connection can be run as a node, as you yourself can see from the sheer diversity of node-setups during the Brubeck Testnets.
The first step is to set up a Broker Node using Docker or install it as an npm package. Both approaches require you to run commands on the command line, so some technical skill is needed, or just follow the step-by-step detailed FAQ.
Once your node is set up, you will need to add a stake of DATA to your nodes’ address using the Polygon blockchain. Rewards are distributed in proportion to the number of tokens staked.
2. Join a Data Union
Data Unions are an emerging way to monetize the data you produce by bundling it together with others for sale. You join an app that receives user data, select the data you want to trade, broadcast it through the Streamr Network to a data marketplace, and receive a share of tokens when someone pays to access it to extract insights.
Here are just some of the exciting Data Unions you can already join and self monetize today:
- Swash — a browser extension to capture, anonymize, and trade your data as you browse the web. It takes a few clicks to install, customize your privacy level, and start transmitting your browser data to earn tokens in the background. Swash currently has over 200 000 users and climbing!
- Re-public — an app for Android and iOS to manage, display, and monetize personal data from a single platform. Try it in the App Store or Google Play.
- Unbanx — is an app for selling banking data. Users can opt in to transmit their anonymized transaction history in exchange to earn tokens. The app is currently in testing and runs DATA prizes for people to try.
- MAT— a Latin America-based ride-sharing app with an option to opt into a Data Union. Users can choose to share data from their commutes and earn DATA. MAT is available in the App Store and Google Play.
3. Participate in community competitions in Discord
There are several competitions running for the Streamr community that features DATA prizes every month, Currently active is the meme and infographic contest that offers $250 worth of DATA to our favorite posts of the month. Just share your best work with us on Discord for the chance to win tokens and glory!
Now that Brubeck is live, the node contest from the testnets to find the best, worst looking, and most interesting node-setups will be relaunched with prizes on offer for each category. Check out our amazing previous winners from the testnet phases.
The Streamr Network is a peer-to-peer network for publishing and subscribing to data in real-time. Applications use it for decentralized messaging, for example sharing data across applications or broadcasting information to large audiences.