The brand new Coinbase Wallet is making web3 more accessible and intuitive.
Coinbase’s self-custody wallet first arrived as a mobile app in 2017. Since then, crypto has evolved into a rapidly-expanding app platform that spans multiple chains. Today they are excited to introduce the next chapter for Coinbase Wallet. With an entirely redesigned mobile app. Built from the ground up to be intuitive, user-friendly, and purpose-built for the multichain world of web3.
The all-new app puts the power of web3 in your pocket. Provides a unified experience for all of your NFTs, tokens, and favorite decentralized apps (dapps). The new mobile experience starts rolling out today, with more users gaining access in the coming weeks.
For the new Coinbase Wallet mobile app, the team leaned into its foundational design. Its principles are to build a simple, refined user experience that feels immediately accessible, intuitive, and familiar. For example, the quick action buttons on the home screen provide one-tap access to DEX swaps, sending or receiving crypto, and funding your Coinbase Wallet with Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, and hundreds of other assets using a debit card or bank account.
LOOKING INTO THE BRAND NEW COINBASE MOBILE WALLET
The all-new dapp browser aims to make the ever-growing world of dapps more accessible. The new dapp browser provides a curated list of popular dapps from all networks that Coinbase Wallet supports. Making it easier to find and explore new dapps.
Now you can discover your new favorite DeFi protocol, play-to-earn game, and web3 social dapp with just a few taps. The dapp browser also adds support for one of our most requested features: tabs. Switch between your favorite dapps with just the tap of a button without losing your place. Best of all, you can move between dapps on different networks and Wallet will handle the switching in the background.
The development team also launched a dark mode for the Coinbase app last year, and they’ve heard from many of its users that it quickly became their preferred visual style. Based on feedback and learnings from Coinbase’s dark mode, not only they are bringing dark mode to the new Coinbase Wallet mobile app. They are also going a step further with dark mode by default.
Furthermore, they are able to bring features like these to the redesigned Wallet mobile app in large part. They are thankful for a key engineering decision to rebuild the entire mobile app from the ground up in React Native. By re-platforming to React Native, future features and product enhancements can arrive on both the Wallet mobile app and Chrome Extension at the same time.
The best wallet on extension and mobile
In 2021, Coinbase introduced the Coinbase Wallet extension, a browser extension for Google Chrome and Chromium browsers like Brave. Some of the new features they released over the past year have been available in the Wallet extension, but not the Wallet mobile app.
Introducing some great features and bringing mobile self-custody experience wallet
- NFT collection — Manage your Ethereum and Polygon NFTs with ease. See the latest floor prices, send your NFTs to a friend, and even hide airdropped spam assets that you don’t want to see.
- Solana support — With support for sending, receiving, and storing SOL and SPL tokens, you no longer need multiple wallet apps for your multichain web3 activity
- DeFi portfolio — The new DeFi tab on the home screen makes it easy to view your DeFi activity, deposits, and balances on the Ethereum network. Support for more networks is coming soon
- Price charts — Real-time price charts make it easy for you to stay on top of the crypto markets and never miss the right time to make a trade
- Support for 25 languages — With support for more languages and local currencies, Coinbase Wallet is making self-custody accessible to billions of people around the world.
Web3 in your pocket, coming soon
ABOUT Coinbase Wallet