Sending TZEN to Cobalt Wallet in a simple manner to Horizen chain. Horizen is powered by the most robust and secure public infrastructure enhanced with multiple security layers.
Horizen’s distributed node system ensures the scalability, reliability, security, and speed of its network. Horizen is also secured by an improved consensus with enhanced protection against 51% attacks.
Follow this guideline to start:
This guide will demonstrate how to make a Forward Transfer from the Horizen main blockchain to a sidechain network on Horizen.
The tools used in this guide are:
- Sphere wallet (Testnet) – the wallet app of the Horizen main blockchain network [Download]
- Cobalt wallet (Testnet) – the wallet app of TokenMint, a sidechain network on Horizen [Download]
Cobalt web extension wallet is one of the three key components of TokenMint, Horizen’s tokenization platform. In this testnet phase, Cobalt is able to send and receive testnet tokens created on TokenMint. All transactions require a small gas fee paid in Test ZEN (TZEN). Therefore, users of Cobalt wallet must have enough TZEN in their wallet to afford the gas fee in order to make a transaction.
Furthermore, Cobalt is currently in Alpha phase 1 and is live on the public testnet.
The following steps show you how to send TZEN to your Cobalt wallet on testnet. Before doing this, make sure you have already downloaded the Cobalt wallet and have a Cobalt wallet address.
If not, here is the Cobalt guide that explains how to complete these steps.
Step 1: Download the new Testnet Sphere wallet
- At this time, the best way to send TZEN to Cobalt is using the new testnet Sphere wallet. So first, you will need to download the new testnet Sphere wallet: [Download new testnet Sphere]
Step 2: Install Sphere (Testnet) and create a wallet
Step 3: Get free TZEN
- Go to the HEAP homepage and find the TZEN faucet under the title “Launch A Blockchain”.
- Skip 1,2,3 and claim some free TZEN from box 4 by entering your Sphere wallet address.
Step 4: Enable Sidechain Function in Sphere (Testnet)
- Go to the address where you have your TZEN.
- Click the “Send” button on the top right corner.
- Toggle the “Sidechain Transaction” bar to enable the sidechain function.
In the “Select A Sidechain” dropdown, select the TokenMint sidechain ID 05612f21…7450f3d1 (Right now, that’s the only sidechain ID on the list). Get some TZNY airdrop to your Cobalt wallet, so you can spend the TZEN to make some transactions on TokenMint!
Step 5: Send TZEN to Cobalt wallet
- Enter your Cobalt wallet address in the “Send to” bar. This must be your Cobalt wallet address. The transaction will not work for your real ZEN address or any other crypto wallet address.
- Enter the amount that you want to send and click “Confirm.”
- You should see your transaction was successful. You can click the “Activity” button to view your transaction history.
After performing all the steps, you now know how to make a forward transfer from the Horizen main blockchain to a sidechain network on Horizen.
Horizen offers best-in-class tools for developers to custom-build private or public blockchains.