Introducing EVM-Compatible Darwinia Smart Chain, Prompt the Building of A Hybrid Cross-Chain Network for Polkadot
The Darwinia has achieved another milestone on the 1230 runtime update — Darwinia Smart Chain, which provides a development environment that is fully compatible with Ethereum. This compatibility enables EVM Dapp developers can easily migrate and deploy existing contract projects to DarwiniaSmart Chain and connected with Polkadot Ecosystem through minimum modification, meanwhile, we’ve successfully used Darwinia’s light-client cross-chain messaging protocol(LCMP) to bridge cross-chain messages between substrate-based chains, and even between substrate-based chains and EVM chains. This will have profound implications for cross-chain interoperability, and Darwinia will as a cross-chain messaging infrastructure to prompt the building of a hybrid cross-chain network for Polkadot.
Introduction of the Darwinia Chains
Darwinia Network(Darwinia) contains three chains, namely Darwinia Chain(DC), Darwinia Smart Chain(DSC), and Darwinia Parachain(DP). DC and DSC provide two sets of different interfaces and chain structures but share the same nodes network, state storage, and native token.
The Darwinia Chain
Darwinia Chain (DC) is designed to be the primary chain for tokens and governance, the main communication hub and routing point of LCMP, and will support most on-chain light clients for other public chains.
DC is a public chain that can operate independently with its own consensus and security model, with its core business and application services, including cross-chain functionality of each application chain, controlled by DC itself.
The Darwinia Smart Chain
Darwinia Smart Chain (DSC) is a full EVM-compatible smart contract platform hosted on DC and is designed to provide greater programmability for Dapps and cross-chain users. Ethereum ecosystem projects can be easily migrated to Darwinia Network.
DSC does not have its own economy.
The Darwinia Parachain
Darwinia Parachain (DP) is designed to be protected by the shared security of the Polkadot Relay Chain. It will integrate Polkadot’s XCMP, open channels with other parachains, and connect to DC via LCMP. Darwinia Network has won the 21st Polkadot parachain slot and will be connected to Polkadot Relay Chain very soon.
The Overview of Cross-Chain Network
What is Done
- Bridged the Darwinia Chain with the Crab Smart Chain using LCMP.
- Bridged the Crab Smart Chain and the Crab Chain.
- Bridged from the Crab Chain to Crab Parachain using LCMP.
- Bridged the Crab Parachain with other Kusama Parachains using XCM.
- Added the EVM module called Darwinia Smart Chain to the Darwinia Chain.
- Bridged the Darwinia Smart Chain and the Darwinia Chain.
- Bridged the Darwinia Chain and the Ethereum.
What comes Next
- Bridging the Darwinia Parachain with other Polkadot Parachains using XCM.
- Bridging the Darwinia Chain and the Darwinia Parachain using LCMP.
- Designing the Hybrid Message Routing Protocol.
- Bridging Polkadot and Kusama through routings.
- Bridging Darwinia with more and more chains.
- Building a hybrid cross-chain network for Polkadot.
More about Darwinia Smart Chain
- Network Name:
Darwinia Smart Chain
- Token Name:
- Token Decimal:
- Block Explorer URL:
- HTTP Endpoints
- WSS Endpoints
About Darwinia Network
Darwinia is a cross-chain messaging infrastructure, which provides a light client-based, programmable, universal cross-chain messaging network for decentralized applications, meanwhile, Darwinia provides developers with the SDK, and developers can easily integrate cross-chain capabilities into their Dapps.