Neo Development Monthly Report
Neo released Development Monthly Report for July 2022, featuring different news from events, partnerships, community proposals, and more.
Exchange and wallet news
- Zero-fee trading platform Woo X listed $NEO.
- GhostMarket was listed on the Uniswap non-custodial exchange and addedsupport for the BitKeep OS wallet
GrantShares, the new decentralized and transparent grants program for the Neo ecosystem, further expanded outreach activities in July:
- It launched “Shill Your Proposal,” a new series of Spaces episodes intended to provide a fun and informal venue to discuss GrantShares DAO topics and proposals.
- Overviews of the proposal applications and outcomes to date are available in Neo News Today articles from July 1, July 19, and August 25.
GrantShares has already received and discussed several new proposals. This DAO continues to encourage grassroots developers and projects to submit new proposals for support as the program grows.
- Polaris Launchpad wrap-up: Polaris Plus, the final phase of the Neo Polaris Launchpad hackathon event, concluded with two rounds of votes in July. Here, Neo community members used their own GAS to vote for their favorite projects. Neo Global Development (NGD) then matched funding for the winners by quadratic means. Looking ahead, NGD will continue to foster the success of winning Polaris Launchpad projects through a range of funding and incubation support opportunities.
- iNeuron.ai hackathon: Neo sponsored Hackathon 5.0, an event by iNeuron.ai where teams competed to solve problem statements based on blockchain technology.
- NGD and Draper University partnership to foster blockchain entrepreneurs: They announced a new partnership with Draper University to foster blockchain entrepreneurship. Neo founder Da Hongfei and global venture capitalist Tim Draper held a panel discussion to kick off the program. A written summary and video are available.
- Supernova joins the EcoBoost program: Neo welcomed Supernova, a sci-fi sandbox survival MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) with a multi-blockchain architecture, to the EcoBoost program.
Neospective Round 2 winners
The community voted to select winners for Round 2 of Neospective, the content collaboration program hosted by NGD. This round focused on design for a Neo mascot.
Kudos to all the artists who submitted their creations, and congratulations to the winning mascot creators:
Neo in the news
- CoinDesk published an op-ed by Neo founder Da Hongfei about the merits of the two-token system.
- NGD Zurich lead Lili Zhao joined an episode of the FlowBank interview series, Women in Finance, to discuss blockchain development, smart contracts, and tokenization.
- NGD Enterprise lead John deVadoss appeared in a CryptoSlate article featuring industry insider views about how the crypto winter will impact Web3.
- Neo provided an overview of a new exhibition tour across China of the artwork of renowned artist Zhenchen Liu. It is a co-sponsor of Liu’s exhibition, which features his new Meta Panacea collection of paintings, mixed-media, material light boxes, and videos, including NFTs on the Neo blockchain.
Neo is an open-source platform driven by the community. Utilizing blockchain technology and digital identities, it aims to create a smart economy by building infrastructures of the next-gen Internet.