Flux and Octominer Partnership
Flux has forged a new and exciting partnership with Octominer, now a strategic hardware partner for Flux Mining and PoUW.
Flux is building large-scale infrastructure for Web3, AI, and storage—a prerequisite for technological progress and for the Internet to evolve.
To succeed, Web3 has to be truly decentralized. Otherwise, it will fail to deliver on the promise of transferring ownership back to the users from the ‘Big Tech’ stewards with immense power over the current Internet.
This is why the Flux blockchain is fully committed to the ‘Proof of work’ (PoW) consensus model. There will never be a true Web3 without PoW.
GPU miners put their hardware to work to secure the Flux network, and they are essential to the continued operation and decentralization of Flux. In return, they earn block rewards to fund their operations. It’s a symbiotic relationship where the Flux blockchain and the miners depend on each other to provide a fruitful and mutually beneficial partnership.
More About Flux:
To provide an attractive ecosystem to miners, Flux is dedicated to building new technology to make mining more attractive while expanding the incentivization model for miners.
Previously Flux introduced parallel mining to increase the rewards miners earned and added bonus earnings to mined blocks that contained Titan nodes claiming transactions.
Now Flux is working on a much more fundamental change for Flux mining that will bring new opportunities for miners.
In Q3 of 2023, Flux will launch the proof of concept for ‘Proof of Useful Work’ or PoUW. This will enable miners to make their rigs available for on-demand work for compute-intensive tasks such as AI, deep fake detection, rendering, etc. PoUW creates a new revenue stream for miners as they can automatically switch between mining and doing on-demand PoUW tasks to optimize profitability.
Any miner will always be focused on optimizing the efficiency and profitability of their mining rigs. PoUW presents a new paradigm requiring miners to find new optimized hardware and software configurations to achieve optimal mining operations.
To collaborate with the mining industry to find optimal builds for PoUW, Flux is thrilled to announce a partnership with the premier mining hardware designer and manufacturer Octominer.
Octominer is a strategic hardware partner for Flux service providers.
Octominer is a supplier of mining-focused hardware founded in 2017 by a group of cryptocurrency mining & computer hardware enthusiasts. They strive to design and manufacture mining rigs that reduce downtime and labor costs and increase efficiency, providing clients with more innovative and reliable mining hardware that increases profitability and shortens ROI times.
As a strategic hardware partner for Flux mining, Octominer will:
- Design and sell ready-made PoUW servers with quality hardware compatible and optimized for Flux PoUW. Here are some specs that will be very close to the configuration of the Flux PoUW server.
- 10 GPU HPC Server
- 10 GPU (PCIe GEN3 X8 link)
- 4.5U server lid included to account for taller GPU dimensions
- 19 Inch server form factor
- CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5 2698 V3–3,6Ghz 16 core per CPU (32 core total)
- RAM: 256GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz ( 1TB MAX)
- STORAGE: 2TB M.2 SSD
- (MAX UP TO 10x 3.5 INCH HOT SWAP DRIVES)
- POWER: 5400W (3x1800W) hot swap
- 6x 120MM 6500RPM HOT SWAP COOLING FANS
- Integrated IPMI 2.0 and KVM with Dedicated LAN (with remote management)
- Available upgrade options
- Dual 10G NETWORK CARD, INTEL X540-T2
- 5U CASE LID FOR TALL GPUs (UP TO 17.5CM)
- 4U CASE LID FOR SHORT ENTERPRISE GPUs
- 2x M.2 to PCIe SSD adapter
- 3 YEAR WARRANTY UPGRADE
- 10x OCTOSERVER RTX 4090 Ai, Dual Slot GPU
- Be a trusted partner in the mining space to enable the optimization of Flux PoUW hardware and software by providing valuable feedback throughout the development of PoUW.
- Design and sell a Flux-branded mining rig, the ultimate swag for dedicated Flux miners and service providers. Octominer is also launching a new Enterprise server lineup with features specific to Enterprise operations. With locations in Asia, Europe, and the US, they have a global reach in the community.
- Collaborate with Flux to expand with further partnerships in the mining and AI industries.
- Provide comprehensive market coverage as Octominer operates in the US, Europe, and Asia.
Flux is excited about the many opportunities that this strategic partnership will bring and, in particular, how it will help deepen the ties to the mining community and industry.
The Flux Ecosystem is a suite of decentralized computing services and blockchain-as-a-service solutions which offer an interoperable, decentralized, AWS-like development environment. Flux utilizes a native POW (Proof-of-Work) coin to power this ecosystem, providing incentive for hardware hosters, governance on-chain, and bad actor mitigation via staking requirements for running hardware.
OCTOMINER is a designer and manufacturer of GPU mining hardware, founded in 2017 by a group of cryptocurrency mining & computer hardware enthusiasts from Northern Europe. With headquarters based in Shenzhen and incorporated in Hong Kong, Octominer is a global company with engineering capabilities in Germany and large-scale manufacturing facilities in Shenzhen, China.