Astar Build The Next Generation of Multichain Native DApps on Astar with Celer IM
Astar Build the Next Generation of Multichain Native DApps on Astar with Celer IM
Astar Network build the next generation of multichain smart contract hub with the support of Celer Network, the leading blockchain interoperability protocol secured by its unique State Guardian Network (SGN).
Recently, Celer Network announced the integration of the Celer Inter-chain Message (Celer IM) Framework into Astar and Shiden ecosystems.
An introduction to Celer IM
Celer Network one of the leading blockchain interoperability protocols with its State Guardian Network, a Tendermint-based PoS blockchain built to realize seamless multi-blockchain interoperability. And Celer IM is the inter-chain messaging framework secured by Celer’s SGN with its unique flexible security model and high-level reliability.
Celer IM is a hybrid framework mainly composed of 4 major parts:
- State Guardian Network (SGN): a PoS blockchain built using Cosmos SDK with an independent set of validators who stake $CELR to secure the blockchain, and validate and sign cross-chain messages.
- Message Bus contract: a set of smart contracts deployed on different blockchains integrated with Celer IM for sending and receiving cross-chain messages.
- Executor: send the cross-chain messages verified & signed by SGN validators to the destination blockchain’s message bus contract as a relayer.
- Independent watchtower (optional): if dApps choose an optimistic-rollup-like security model for inter-chain messaging. An independent watchtower can double-validate the cross-chain message signed by SGN validators and prevent any malicious behavior during the mandatory buffer delay.
With Celer IM, Astar developers can send messages or invoke smart contract functions on other major L1s. First, they send the intention as a message to the Celer IM Message Bus smart contract on Astar Network (that contract address is found here).
Then the validator, called the State Guardian Network. Will first reach a consensus on the existence of this message and, concurrently, generate a stake-weighed multi-signature attestation. Subscribed executors then relay that attestation to the Message Bus contract of the destination chain.
On the destination chain, the Message Bus contract will check the message’s validity and trigger the corresponding logic associated with the message immediately or after a buffer delay based on the security model chosen by the dApp developer.
Celer IM empowers Astar developers with more cross-chain use cases
By using Celer’s Inter-chain Message Framework. The Astar developers will have the option to build inter-chain native dApps which can leverage diverse multi-blockchain ecosystems. With the simplicity of a single-transaction UX and without complicated manual interactions involving multiple 3rd-party bridges.
Some interesting use cases:
- Cross-chain DEXs that allow users to swap Astar assets across multiple blockchains and utilize the liquidity pools on Ethereum, BNB chain, etc. to minimize slippage.
- Yield aggregators that allow users to manage vaults on Ethereum, Fantom, Avalanche, etc. from Astar Network
- Lending protocols where users can use their portfolios on Ethereum or BNB chain to borrow Polkadot-native assets on Astar Network
- Metaverse games where users can utilize their NFTs on other L1s
Astar as a platform for inter-chain native dApps
The end goal of Astar, to build the multichain smart contract hub that removes limits for developers in multichain era. Creating the space for developers to build and realize their visions freely, using the programming languages and development tools you are familiar with, supported by XVM.
In Astar Network, Cross-chain Virtual Machine (XVM) allows developers to build dApps with different virtual machines, including the two major smart contract engines of today, Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) and WebAssembly (WASM). Multiple blockchains will co-exist in the coming Web3 era. Each will have a different focus. And as a smart contract hub supporting multiple virtual machines. The Astar the ideal platform for developers to deploy inter-chain native dApps. To interact with other L1s with various smart contract engines.
Besides XVM, as one of the leading parachains in the Polkadot ecosystem, Astar Network is featured with Polkadot’s unique Cross-chain Message-passing Protocol (XCMP). Their dApps can communicate and transfer assets natively and trustlessly by leveraging Cross-Consensus Message Format (XCM).
So what does all this mean?
It means they can build a stellar dApp with these three tools — XVM, XCM, and Celer IM. It means the future DEXs will swap any parachain asset directly to any EVM asset. Imagine trading your CRV tokens on Polygon for iBTC on Interlay with one click on ArthSwap.
With the unique XCM, Polkadot’s XCMP, and 3rd-party cross-chain messaging protocols. Including Celer IM, Astar will realize their multichain smart contract hub vision & become the go-to platform for Web3 devs to build multichain native, blockchain-agnostic dApps.
About Celer Network
Celer a blockchain interoperability protocol enabling a one-click user experience accessing tokens, DeFi, GameFi, NFTs, governance, privacy solutions & more. Developers can build inter-chain-native dApps using the Celer Inter-chain Message SDK. To gain access to efficient liquidity utilization, coherent application logic, and shared states.
Astar Network — The Future of Smart Contracts for Multichain. Supports the building of dApps with EVM and WASM smart contracts and offers developers true interoperability, with cross-consensus messaging (XCM).