Polygon zkEVM mainnet and its Uses
Polygon zkEVM is a Layer 2 scaling solution built on the Polygon network that enables Ethereum-compatible smart contracts to be executed in a zero-knowledge proof (zkSNARK) environment, providing enhanced privacy and scalability.
Potential uses and benefits of the Polygon zkEVM mainnet:
- Scalability: With zkEVM, Polygon can handle up to 7,000 transactions per second. And making it an attractive scaling solution for high-throughput applications.
- Lower transaction fees: A Layer 2 scaling solutio. Polygon can help reduce the transaction fees associated with Ethereum mainnet transactions.
- Enhanced privacy: The zero-knowledge proof environment of zkEVM allows for enhanced privacy for smart contract transactions. And making it an attractive option for applications that require privacy.
- Compatibility with Ethereum: Which means developers can use the same tools and languages to build on Polygon.
- DeFi applications: The scalability and lower transaction fees of Polygon zkEVM make it an attractive option for DeFi applications. It require fast and cost-effective transactions.
- Gaming applications: The high throughput of Polygon zkEVM makes it an attractive option for gaming applications that require fast and reliable transactions.
Overall, Polygon zkEVM is a promising solution that can help address the scalability and cost issues associated with Ethereum mainnet transactions while also providing enhanced privacy for smart contract transactions. Its potential uses include DeFi applications, gaming applications, and other high-throughput applications that require fast and cost-effective transactions.
Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure, and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 37,000+ decentralized applications hosted. 1.94B+ total transactions processed, 164M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured. The network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects such as Aave, Uniswap, OpenSea and well-known enterprises including Meta, Stripe, and Adobe. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.